7.28.2011

Chicken and Biscuit Bake

This is my version of the KFC Mashed Potato Bowl versus chicken and dumplings versus comfort food chicken bake.

Two Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
One Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
Can of Corn
Mashed Potatoes
Refrigerated Biscuits
Salt
Pepper
Chicken Bouillon Powder
Garlic Powder

I used instant mashed potatoes for this recipe because I'm lazy and this blog is titled 20 Something Homemaker for the Working Woman. If I had leftover mashed potatoes I would have used those. I prefer homemade mashed potatoes but I really don't mind instant in recipes such as this. Prepare your mashed potatoes according to the package and put aside. Chop your chicken into bite size pieces and cook in a skillet drizzled with olive oil. I seasoned the chicken with chicken flavor bouillon powder and black pepper.



Once the chicken is cooked add in the cream of chicken soup along with a can of water or milk. You can substitute the cream soup for gravy if you prefer, some people are skeeved out by the canned cream soups.




While that is heating through you're going to want to prepare your layers. Place your mashed potatoes in a baking pan and pat down with a rubber spatula and add your corn. Again, you can substitute the corn for peas or green beans. Pour the chicken and cream mixture over the corn and spread into every nook, especially the corners.



Place the biscuits on top and sprinkle with garlic powder and pop in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment