7.16.2011

My Favorite Nacho Recipe

One night Mike (my fiance) and I were out for appetizers and drinks with friends at a popular chain restaurant. I wanted to try to replica the nachos but what I ended up with was something different but according to Mike, better.



First of all, I love guacamole. This is quite a recent love affair considering guacamole and avocados in general were something I always assumed I hated. I ordered fajitas once and the guacamole touched them way more that I could scrap off. I ended up thinking, holy shit this is good. Actually I probably said it out loud and it was probably "Fucking shit! This is good!"

Guacamole
Two Ripe Avocados
Plum Tomato
Red Onion
Lime
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Black Pepper
Goya Adobo

Slice the avocados in half making sure not to cut your knife on the pit. Use a spoon to easily scoop out the fruit. Remove the pit (I have to say this because you wouldn't believe how many people wouldn't and then complain I didn't say to) and chop into pieces. Big or small it doesn't matter because you're about to grab your potato masher and mash it all up. Cut the lime in half and squeeze one half of the lime's juice all over the mashed avocado. Put aside. Dice up the plum tomato and enough red onion so it's 50/50. Combine them and use the rest of the lime juice over that mixture. Combine the avocado and half of the tomato/onion (Pico De Gallo) and sprinkle in the spices. Give it a taste to see if you should add more. Again, it's your preference with the spices, everyone is different. Guacamole is done!!

Nachos
Bag of your favorite Tortilla Chips
Bean dip(spicy, cheesy, whatever you like)
Sliced Olives
Leftover Chicken(or ready to heat and eat chicken strips)
Monterey Jack and Cheddar Shredded Cheese

Grab a baking sheet and make a single layer of chips. Spread out some of the bean dip over the bottom layer. Add a layer of cheese and another layer of chips. Add more cheese and then chicken and olives. Add another smaller layer or cheese to hold the chicken and olives in place. Pop in the 350 degree oven until the cheese is melted. Take out and sprinkle with the Pico De Gallo. Serve and enjoy!

Add the guacamole and your favorite salsa to the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment