3.14.2012

Buffalo Chicken with Mashed Avocado

I was craving avocado and Mike wanted Buffalo chicken, so I had this crazy idea to have them together. The result was an amazingly spicy/cool and creamy orgasm in your mouth.

Normally for Guacamole I will also add in diced plum tomatoes and red onion but I didn't want any crunch with the melt in your mouth chicken.

Guacamole
1 Avocado
1 Lime
Goya Adobo
Pepper
Salt
Garlic Powder

Slice the avocado in half, take out the pit and spoon out the meat. Dice the avocado and then mash using a potato masher.. Sprinkle with spices and the juice of the lime. More or less depending on your taste. I actually use a whole lime per avocado because I'm a weirdo like that and it's delicious. Set aside.

Boneless Buffalo Chicken
2 Boneless Skinless Breasts
Franks Red Hot
Olive Oil
Paprika
Salt
Pepper



Split the chicken breasts so you have four pieces. Tenderize them with a mallet and sprinkle each side with salt, pepper and paprika. Why the paprika, I don't know, but I didn't use it one time and it wasn't the same. Trust me. Drizzle a small amount of oil olive into a skillet over medium heat. Put the chicken pieces in the skillet and pour over a half cup of hot sauce. Put a lid on it. The lid makes a huge difference between dry chicken and moist chicken that falls apart. Cook for about 5 minutes per side. It's going to get watery from all the juice from the chicken, so if you like a thicker sauce take off the lid after cooking and allow to simmer for a few more minutes.



Voila, delicious, you're welcome.
Serves 4 and if my math is correct only 6 WW points. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment